[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> stevek1006 Wrote:
>> But as an audiophile ... Of course, a UI that would allow me to
>> access this information will also be necessary.
> Necessary? I thought audio was about the sound? How many
> high-end CD players offer this capability?

But the main reason to have a Transporter or SB is so you do not have to
handle the CDs. Of course, if I wanted to, I could keep my CDs in the living
room and have access to all the liner notes and everything else. The idea of
any of the devices we are talking about is to make it easier to access the
music. That is their main advantage over existing technologies. Otherwise,
sure, toss the CD into whatever player you like or listen to the vinyl on a
turntable. The point is both to have the sound and the ability to access the
music.

-Steve