Quoting MUCHO ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Hello I purchased two wireless squeezeboxes a couple months ago.
> Everything worked great.
>
> Then, several days ago, the one in the kitchen stopped being able to
> connect.  The one in the loft worked fine still.
>
> I unplugged it, placed it right next to the router, and reset
> everything.  It worked for about 4 hours and hasn't worked since.
>
> It won't connect and when its plugged in it makes my main computer
> error with the following message...  "The system has detected an IP
> address conflict with another system on the network.  Network
> operations on this system my be disrupted as a result.  More details
> are available in the system event log.  Consult your network
> administrator immediately to resolve the conflist"
>
> So - it hasn't been plugged in for a couple days.  Today I decided to
> try to fix the problem.  So far I have done a factory reset on the
> squeezebox and still have the exact same problem.  Won't connect, when
> it tries I get that network error message.
>
> I'm using a linksys router v5 with the latest firmware.
>
> The other squeezebox works like a charm.
>
> I have the non working squeezebox 3 feet from the router.

Your DHCP server is giving out an address that is already in use by your
computer.  If the DHCP server is the Linksys router, as it probably is, your
problem lies there, not with the squeezebox.  Try rebooting the router and
all devices on your network.

Or, use static IP address assignments for the squeezeboxes.  In other words,
tell it what it's IP address should be, rather than having it ask the router
for one.  If you already statically assigning address, then YOU screwed it
up and gave two devices the same IP.  :-)

This is not a Squeezebox problem, the Squeezebox is just the canary in the
coal mine telling you that you have a DHCP problem.

dd