I know this has been discussed numerous times, but I can't seem to find
a straight answer.

I'm running:
SlimServer Version: 6.3.0 - 8148 - Windows Server 2003 - EN - cp1252

I want to play non-DRM AAC Files [.m4a] (my ripped CD's from iTunes).
I'm NOT using iTunes to manage my libary. I have a Sqeezebox3.  The
songs showed up on the Squeezebox and in the SlimServer but didn't
play.

So, I correctly installed Lame for Windows as directed at:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?AAC

This resulted in a few pops or snaps and then skips to the next track.

So, if that doesn't work, I see that some people say use Quicktime,
others say use mov123 and yet others say use mplayer.

1) the Quicktime Windows Installer failed on my win 2k3 server for some
reason
2) even if I got quicktime or mplayer installed, how do I configure it
(step by step) to get slimserver to recognize it (know where to find
the app) and use it to transcode the files on the fly?
3) is mov123 a standalone or part of these other apps, I don't really
understand, and where can I get it if I need it?

Thanks for your help.
Sincerely,
~marc

--