Michaelwagner;136153 Wrote:
> OK, OK. [...]
> I'll give [6.5b3] a whirl this weekend if time permits.

Well, I downloaded it and it's currently scanning.

I see 2 processes, a slim and a scanner. The scanner is eating the CPU
and the slim is snoring with one player playing. No sound skipping
despite scanning.

I tried to lower the priority of the scanner from the services panel.
No go. I don't have the authority (despite being in the administrator
group - so who on earth has the authority then?). From the
server/performance pane, no one tells me I can't do it, but it doesn't
actually do anything.

Oddly enough, I can raise the priority of slimserver, although most of
the increments it offers me don't actually do anything, but the one
called "above normal" works.

Why offer me options that don't work?

It upgraded the flash in the SB3, couldn't care less about the flash in
the SB1. Not sure if that's right or not.

There's no way I can see to find out the progress of the scanner ...

OK, the scanning finished.

There are 3 processes total, a mysqld process, a slim process and a
scanner process.

The Slim process is now 84MB. The mysqld process is about 20MB, and the
scanner, when it was running, was 40MB or so.

Shutting off a bunch of plugins I don't use, like iTunes, Moodlogic,
etc, seems to have only saved 1/2 a MB. I expected more. Maybe I have
to shut down the server and restart it.

Yes, that seemed to save 8MB. Now we're at 76.5MB

Changing the name of the player interrupts the music. I'm sure that
didn't use to happen.

2.5 seconds isn't a valid entry for cross-fade time. Shouldn't the text
say so? Better yet, why is 2.5 seconds not a valid value?

The number of pixels to scroll setting seems not to be connected.

Hmm...and the memory crept back up to 84MB

All-in-all, more responsive than it was.

I'll have to see if the things I found are already reported as bugs,
and if not, report them. But for now I'm exhausted and going to bed.

--
Michaelwagner