My SqueezeBox 3 has stopped playing!

Odd problem this; everything was OK untill I started messing around
with the settings last week (I should know better really) and was
adding a few new RSS feeds and selecting it as a screensaver.  It may
be a coincidence but since then any music has refused to play; the
display says it's playing but the track timer doesn't move.  I strongly
suspect audio is being streamed from SlimServer but it's not being
translated into audio.

A similar thing occurs when connecting to SqueezeNetwork; there is data
being downloaded (I can see the activity on my DSL modem) and the SB3
says it's playing a particular track but there's no sound.

SoftSqueeze works OK.

I am using SS 6.3.1 on a LinkStation flashed with OpenLink.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am baffled.

TIA

--
dick