I experienced a problem with this too.  I had been listening to music
for about 15 minutes when it suddenly stopped.  When I came upstairs
SlimServer was in a stopped state.

I run WinXP SP2 (Pro Edition).  In the Windows Event Log I have event
ID 7036 with message, "The SlimServer service entered the stopped
state."  Is there something else I should look at?  That doesn't tell
me anymore than I already knew!

After this occurred I double-clicked the SlimServer icon in the tray
and it started running again.  I listened to another 45 minutes of
music without any problems.  Hopefully that was just a one time fluke,
but I thought I'd post in case other people are having issues too.

Brad

--
bgriffis