On 10/3/06, Mark Lanctot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Did my first rescan after the initial one - 3 minutes 32 seconds for 301
albums, 3026 songs, 461 artists.

Not bad at all.

The processor usage pattern is different with the split scanner.  It
used to take 30-40% processor with heavy disc access for the initial
75% of the scan, then 50-60% processor with light disc access for the
remaining 25% of the scan.  Now the final portion of the scan only
takes about 20-30% processor.

I find that wipe-and-rescan is still necessary far too often (effectively just about every time I add music). The regular scan detects new music properly, but does not handle changes to existing music well at all.

--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional