Jez;143068 Wrote:
> I saw this and obviously was interested. But on reading deeper, what Jon
> is offering is the ability to ADD Fairplay DRM (or a clone of it) to
> content to enable it to play on Apple systems.
>
> I'm not sure exactly who this helps, but I'm probably being dim.

Anyone who wants to sell music that will play on an iPod -- think
Rhapsody, Napster, Yahoo, or anyone else who licensed DRM from
Microsoft.  They'd LOVE to have their stores work with iPods.

Of course, this isn't really that, because if Apple didn't license it,
Apple can (and based on historical precedent, will) break it whenever
it feels like it.

--
mkozlows