It definitely is Kaspersky Internet Security. I checked and re-checked.
That is the cause.

I excluded everything, it still doesn't work. I assume SlimServer uses
some "suspicious" system files or whatever. You know, how crazy virus
scanners are these days.

Still: I paid for the Kaspersky and I am using my computer for business
purposes. So to have a "pretty" secure computer is more important to me
than a nice entertainment system. I am disappointed that SlimServer
doesn't work properly after an update. It's true what they say: Never
change a running system! Very sadly I did update and well, I am bummed
now.

So each time I reboot my system I will have to tell SlimServer to start
manually, it just won't do automatically anymore.

And in the future I won't use Kaspersky any more. It just sucks that
all our computers here have Kaspersky and that I am paying money to
those people and then they stop me from having fun with SlimServer.

Am I the only (unlucky) Kaspersky user out there?

--
maxlamont