whatsup all - happy to be making my first post to these forums.

i could use some help/advice on getting remote streaming working.  I
have reviewed the wiki and followed all the instructions.  here's what
i have done so far:

slim server 6.5 running great.  the SB3 works like a charm and there is
no problems there.

i have my firewall/router (Netgear W614) forwarding port 9000 and 3843
from my external IP (static) to my machine on the internal network
running the slim server. this seems to work fine.

i can connect to the slim server using the external IP on port 9000 and
can see all music, playlists, etc.  i can control the server- play
music, start/stop, etc.  i can even see my SB3 and control it.

however, when i try to connect to http://<external IP>:9000/stream.mp3
i get no love.  i have tried in itunes, winamp, and songbird 0.2.  the
only error i have even seen was from winamp which says 'error synching
to stream'.  itunes and songbird just look for the stream indefinitely.

the machine at my remote location does NOT have windows firewall
running, but there is an office firewall (which I control).  I have
made sure that it is not in the way of traffic coming to my machine.

so - sorry for the lengthy post but i am stumped.  did i miss
something?  any advice/suggestions from the slimserver elite?

thanks!

--
gsonnad