docbee;148415 Wrote:

> What backs my claim (at least for me) is that I am still using a slimp3
> and I often thought of replacing it by one of the better looking, new
> models (I have a sb3 in another room). Each time I think of really
> replacing the slimp3 I come to the conclusion, that the slimp3 does the
> same as a new sb3 for me.

Of course, in a very real sense, the Slimp3 that you have today is
nothing like the one you bought.  Download the ancient version of
SlimServer, without all the massive improvements that have been made
since you bought the Slimp3, and then see how insignificant you think
the changes are.

That sort of long-term support -- enhancing an antique product no
longer manufactured and barely even used, knowing that it might cost
them sales from people who'd've otherwise upgraded -- is the kind of
thing that I hope Slim Devices can keep doing, but fear they can't.

--
mkozlows