I purchased a Harmony 525 from Logitech.
One of the buttons on the remote failed after about 10 mths and
Logitech replaced it without any fuss. Their customer service was
excellent and I had my new remote within 1 week.
I would still recommend  their remotes and I agree the web based
software is kind of klunky (remind you of something else?) but it works
and the remote works great.

I think the squeezebox is let down by buggy software. When I purchased
my sb1 the software was at version 5.4, searching was a pain and and
re-scanning took forever. I was expecting an itunes like interface
instead I got a browser based interface, not a good start.
6.5 is an improvement but there are still problems as can be seen from
the boards, the amount of tag fixing/changing I've had to do in order
for slimserver to work properly is very annoying.
People like me who use itunes, which itself is not perfect, wonder why
slimserver cannot work in the same way.
No software is bug free but maybe a cash injection from Logitech will
allow more programmers to be hired and the software will improve.
Perhaps proper applications could be produced and we can get away from
the browser interface.
If slimdevices under the Logitech wing can improve their software then
I think this will be a good partnership.

--
Steven Moore