tf1216;154494 Wrote:
> Update for everyone that has been kindly helping me.  With some work
> this past weekend I was able to get the SB working with help from a
> friend.
>
> We ran into lots of glitches but to keep this short.  It seems that my
> internet connection kept droping during the setup process and we can
> not figure out why this was happening.  We simply wired the computer to
> the router and the SB works great now.
>
> This is not the optimum solution but it works.  When I place my
> computer back on the top floor I will run a cable for it so I can use
> my SB.
>
> Thanks everyone for your help.

Was your server PC also connected to the router with wireless?  If so
then there is a good possibility that your router does not permit a
wireless to wireless connection (there may be a setting to change
this).  This may be your problem.

The general view on this forum is that a wireless connection to your
server is not a good idea, especially if the SB3 is also on wireless -
too many changing conditions for it to work reliably - if you can get a
connection in the first place!

Enjoy the music.

--
Ramage

P2 266MHz,Linux ClarkConnect 3.2, SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10145,
Alien 1.06
P4 2.6GHz, Win XP, SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10638 - Windows XP,
Alien 1.06