I don't see the problem of missing artist in Now Playing when both ALBUM
ARTIST and ARTIST are populated.  At least I don't recall seeing it -
I'll verify it again this afternoon.

"better than iTunes" isn't exactly meaningful in this context.  iTunes
has no bugs that I've found with its sorting and tag treatment.  What
it has is a lack of a couple of sorting features -  iTunes does not use
ALBUM ARTIST for sorting and has no SORT BY tags (TSOP, etc..)

Slim server's indexing in 6.5.1 has numerous bugs, the ones discussed
in here are just a couple.  It also has numerous Browse bugs with
regards to sorting and display.  I get by with most of them, but
they're all a hassle none the less.

Try the current Nightly, change the tags I suggested in iTunes, shut
down Slimserver and and then completely delete the entire database.
Now restart the system and start Slimserver again.  Another series of
problems prevent a "Clean and Rescan" from working reliably. At least
this is the case on a Mac.  And the incremental Rescan is completely
useless with these nightly builds (it picks up incorrect changes, loses
album artwork, doesn't pick up legitimate changes, etc..)

I have two albums named "X" two named "Wonderland" and two named
"B-Sides" - all of them are working fine with the stipulations I
mentioned in my first post.

By the way, I only use ALBUM ARTIST for these cases and a couple of
others.  Generally that tag is blank for normal tracks from normal
albums.

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com) |
'mira - Personal Control for your Apple Remote'
(http://twistedmelon.com)*