Mark Lanctot;160927 Wrote:
> But now that the first one is done, the rest require no extra setup.

Unfortunatelly not, this all need to be redone as this setup was also
on the HDD who die…
This laptop is now waiting for HDD change and whole system
re-installation.

Mark Lanctot;160927 Wrote:

> How is this Slim's fault and how would direct access be any better?  A
> network-attached HDD could have died just as easily.
I never claim that's Slim's fault, as already told I have a full backup
of all my data (inc. music files) that is stored on an external HDD, so
it takes me less than one hours to restore all those data on a new HDD.
For the system re-installation it's another story..
What I say is that having to setup a PC and let it runing to feed Slim
product with music files from a mass storage is an overkill for me. I
accept to use the PC for some maintenance (CD-FLAC rip, music files
add/delete/move …etc) but while listening I would prefere having a
stand alone mode that is able to access directly an external HDD.

--
your momo