Here is a slightly different spin... your comments or alternatives
appreciated.

I have a pair of underutilized PSB Alpha bookshelf speakers so the need
is for a self contained 2.1 amp and sub to work with the SB3 or iPod,
laptop, etc.

My interest is gravitating towards the Logitech Z-2300 (THX certified)
which can be bought easily from most computer stores or even Dell
on-line for around $100.  Seems to have plenty of power and the review
from the computer community is good.  I'm intending on using my Alpha
speakers as the satellites instead of the Logitech's.

Thanks,

RF Dude

--
RF Dude