The unfortunate reality is that Slim were not careful or just outright
careless when choosing the device ID and command codes for their
commands.

Given the lack of reasearch to make sure they did not collide with
other devices, they should have made sure to include two completely
different device ID's in the remote and allow switching to the
different set.

"Use another remote" is a pretty cheeky response when Slim has managed
to engineer a physical layout for their controller that fits very well
with the navigation concepts of the devices.  The fit and finish on the
new models is also superb.  I'd not want to use any of my universals to
control the Squeezebox to tell you the truth. And I've got various of
the top-end Harmony models, Pronto and even Home Theater Master MX-850.

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com) |
'mira - Personal Control for your Apple Remote'
(http://twistedmelon.com)*