Oh, dear!  Abject apologies to MusicIP!  It did not overwrite my
tracknumber tags:  I think the irregularities I noticed had been
introduced by one of the look-up databases when I did the original
ripping of four or five CDs.  I just hadn't noticed before.  But when I
looked at the backup music library, the oddnesses were there, too; and
MusicIP had been nowhere near that data.

snarlydwarf / thing-fish >>> Apologies to you, too, for giving
misleading information when you were being helpful.  But you did
encourage me to have another look at MusicIP (which is how I discovered
my mistake).  Thanks for that - I'm now looking forward to a successful
install (when I've sorted my tags out!).

Best wishes

--
Diana

--