I think we're talking about slimserver, not squeezenetwork.

When I add a radio station, I add it to a playlist I've created of
radio stations.  Adding something to a playlist is itself an
adventure.

One way is to select the playlist in the web interface.  Then select
edit.  Then put the name you want and the station url into the two
boxes, overwriting whatever is there.  Finally, press add.

For the first station, use the tune in factility and then, in the right
hand web panel, save the station as a playlist.

If you then tune in the station from the playlist and add it to
favorites, the name you gave it comes along.

You can also edit the name in the playlist.  To change in favorites,
delete the favorite and add it again.

There are probably better ways, but this works.

--
Millwood