Thanks for the additional info, i appreciate it.  Does the annoyance
regarding playing individual tracks in a playlist apply to albums and
artists?  meaning that if i am browsing artists and albums in my
rhapsody library can i play individual songs in an album?  And will it
continue on to the next song or repeat?  Having written the question i
am not sure what i would prefer actually.  Can i add individual tracks
from my rhapsody library to a 'now playing' list and build that up?
That would probably be ideal.

thanks again.

I also ran into a guy at work who raved about the squeezebox, so it
looks like squeezebox will be the winner for me at this point.

--
pedz