Peter;170242 Wrote:
> peter wrote:
> Out here in old Holland it's usually the postal service that does the
> deliveries. They prefer delivering on fridays so that - when you're not
> there - you'll have to wait until monday to pick up the package at the
> post office. There's a local electronics chain that mails its stuff
> over an alternate network. They ship the package to a local 24/7 store
> or gas station where you can pay for it or pick it up at your leisure.
> I prefer that to the hit or miss of home delivery.

If you mean the Netherlands by 'old Holland' you're totally wrong with
respect to the postal service.
It's more like this:
Hello, I've got a package for you... Helloooooooooo.... Oh you're not
at home, I'll just leave a message for you that I'll be back tomorrow
at a time that you're not at home...
Next day:
Hello I've got a package for you... Helloooooooooo... Geez, again
nobody here... I wonder where everybody is... Ah, I'll leave a message
that you can pick up the package at the post office TOMORROW after a
certain time...
And the next day at the post office you have to stand in the line for
almost an hour because some jackass has to register the sale of some 20
cars...

--
servies