chobbney;170782 Wrote:
> Looking at Netgear, I can get something like the following:
> Netgear RP614 4 Port Cable Router - £28
> http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=RP614

I'm pretty sure that the RP614 was one of the various Netgear routers
that were guilty of causing NTP request storms at a US university. I
would sincerely hope that a firmware update has fixed that, but you
should do a bit of research first.

FWIW, I have an NTL cable modem and use a Linksys BEFSR41, which is a
simple (wired-only) router that works fine.

If you see no reason why you'd want wireless in the near future, I'd
hold off getting a wireless router, until whatever supercedes 11g gets
ratified. You can always add a wireless access point in the future when
the time comes.

On the other hand, if you know you'll want wireless fairly soon, then a
wireless router is *much* cheaper than a wired router + separate access
point.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?