gusi;170766 Wrote:
> Is the N800 going to be avaiable in Australia and Asia?

Or Canada, for that matter?

Although we can get it indirectly through tigerdirect.ca, which is just
a Canadian web storefront for tigerdirect.com (US).  The price looks
bad, but it's a $30 premium over straight exchange - which is at least
what you'd pay in duties.

Now that I can get it without having to import it my interest is
fueled.  Can't afford it as a Slim Devices remote, so it would have to
be multipurpose.  I'd love to be able to use it as an auto GPS along
with Maemo Mapper but (a) my Dell Axim X31 is still working fine for
this and (b) I can't figure out how Maemo Mapper gets its maps!  It
uses JPGs from Google Maps or something?

--
Mark Lanctot