Foobar2000 produces perfect gapless playback. What's so difficult to
build it into Slimserver? A few months ago I read gapless playback was
covered but now I understand that gaps still exist (but as a sort of
stutter).

I thought that by removing trailing silence-frames at the end of the
track and replacing them with the next song (after removing leading
silence-frames) would result in perfectly gapless playback.

I have had a SB1 for a couple of years and yesterday I upgraded and
received my new SB3. I expected to enjoy gapless playback but was very
disappointed.

When switching on the debug d_source the logfile let me know that
tracks will be played gapless. So nothing wrong with my tracks or
lame-tags.

--
quick_snack