I just bought and used Coverscout in order to see cover art via
Slimserver on my Safari Browser. Though it worked in restoring my
ability to view cover art of my music selection I've found a unwanted
result. When I look at "New Music" Slimserver is now designating some
of my old music as new. From what I can tell this so called new music
is simply old music that I have had Coverscout find album art for. I'm
still rescanning my library, and I hope I see some kind of recovery of
what might be truly new music when I query Slimserver via my browser.

I suppose it is not the end of the world, but I guess I didn't know
Coverscout was somehow going to re-calculate my library based on the
addition of cover art to older music.

Other than that I'm happy with Coverscout.

I wish Apple would let iTunes work better with Slimserver. How about it
Mr. Jobs, since you hate DRM now why not open up Fairplay so Slimserver
can server up my iTunes library of about 2,000 songs. Until then I'll
be buying CD using Amazon.com Prime/used CD's.

Seems to me the end user who is legally buying music is the one who is
being penalized. I know I'll whine all the way to the Apple/Cingular
store for the next iPod or iPhone ;)

--
Jazz1