Hello,
i had yesterday a similar problem.
My SB3 was behaving normally, except that it would no longer playing
music anymore (not from my Slimserver, neither from the Internet).
After several attemts to re-configure my network / restarts / factory
reset etc, i tried pushing the "1" button while performing power-on.
The result was that i got the message "programming Xilinx" on the
display.
After that, the SB3 acted normally again.
Maybe you can try this out as well.
Note that is might not work for SB1 as the HW is completely different.
best regards,
Eric

--
edckdw

Currently using SB-1,2 & 3, served by SS-6.2.1 and running Linux SuSE
10.0 on P4 1.7GHz.