ASS-Ware wrote:
> jonheal;182579 Wrote:
>
>> Being pretty much an idiot when it comes to networking stuff, please
>> clarify something for me:
>>
>> As I understand it, encrypting your wireless broadcasts (hopefully)
>> prevents an eavesdropper from reading the packets you send out into the
>> atmosphere. Protecting the integrity of your network, and the machines
>> on it, is another matter entirely. Am I wrong in that assumption? And
>> if all your broadcasting is music packets, is it that big of a deal to
>> protect them?
>>

> The thing is, once somebody hacks your wifi, that person is in your
> network and can try to access all computers in your network, and even
> worse, use your internet connection for attacks to other networks on
> the web and you are the one to blame if it's discovered as they use
> your connection.
> And what about somebody hacking your wifi and thus being part of your
> network and then download child pornography ?
> If discovered, they come to your door !!!
> That happened not far from my village.

They may come to your door, but they won't prosecute you unless they
find more evidence. Of course, the hacker may leave some evidence on
your disk, but that would be a personal attack against you, which is
possible if you have enemies. It sounds unlikely to me that child porn
enthousiasts would possess such technical knowledge and go through all
that physical work. If you're that good, you'd better set up a botnet to
do your dirty work and control them over TOR from the comfort of your
own home.

Regards,
Peter