EFP wrote:
> Peter;183370 Wrote:
>
>> herbman wrote:[color=blue]
>>
>>> SB3's double as remote controls for MythTV running on the same
>>>
>> server.
>>

> Care to share how you went about setting that up?

I wrote a SS plugin and a 'Lirc Junction box' script. The A/V signal is
mixed with the TV cable signal that goes to all 4 TV's in the house, so
that MythTV is just another channel. Every TV has a SB3 nearby.

The closest I've come to documentation (from another post in this forum):

The latest plugin is available here:
http://a213-84-196-8.adsl.xs4all.nl/slim2lirc/Lirc.pm
The 'Lirc junction box' application can be found here:
http://a213-84-196-8.adsl.xs4all.nl/slim2lirc/lircjb

You start the lircjb (from /etc/rc.local or manually)

lircjb -l -p 12345 /dev/lircd &

You copy the Lirc.pm plugin to the slimserver Plugin directory and
restart slimserver. Lirc.pm will be sending IR codes it receives over
UDP port 12345 to lircjb.

At this time you should be able to run 'irw' and see the slimremote
buttons you press being echoed. Note: Lirc.pm only captures and
retransmits button presses when a SqueezeBox is off (standby) or when
you've selected 'Lirc Remote' from the Plugin menu.

Now you must edit the mythtv .lircrc file to tell mythtv what buttons to
react to and what to do when they are pressed. Note that Lirc.pm only
forwards codes it recognizes. At the moment that means the slimdevices
remote, but the code mapping can be changed at the end of the Lirc.pm file.

Regards,
Peter