results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33301
Question: Windows vs Linux - your OS of choice for SS

- Windows
- Linux

I used to run Slimserver on a dedicated FreeBSD machine that was built
from bits I had lying around (500MHz AMD K6, 256 MB RAM). But then it
occured to me that it was silly having two servers running 24/7, so I
moved Slimserver to the household file/email/web/etc server (533MHz
mini-ITX, 512MB RAM), which happens to run Windows 2000.

Slimserver has worked pretty much flawlessly on both machines. I've
never understood why so many people seem to have problems getting it
running reliably on Windows.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?