iTunes Update & iTunes Party Shuffle plugins work best together!
iTunes Update sets the play counts etc which can then feed into the
Party Shuffle playlist. The Party Shuffle plugin then becomes useful
because it makes you no longer dependent on the SlimServer library
rescan updating SlimServer's snapshot of the iTunes playlists.

Although I can only guarantee the PS plugin works on Windows, there's
no real reason it wouldn't work on the Mac. As ever, I need a bit of
help testing it, in particular the bit that deletes tracks from the
party shuffle playlist.

James

--
James