I'm pretty sure you're correct that there are no .deb packages for PPC.
But you can install it from the tarball (.tar.gz) package instead. It
takes a little more manual effort, but frankly I've found it easier
than the few times I've tried the deb. I'm currently running 6.5.1 on
an LS-HG.

Are you already running 6.5.x? If so, the upgrade to 6.5.2 should be
straightforward. If you're still back in 6.3 or earlier, you may need
to do some work to get MySQL installed. Search in the 3rd Party
Hardware forums for some pointers. If you still need help, that's a
better place to post.

--
aubuti