I did check the iTunes library and it was read only so I changed this,
but it did not make any difference I could still not alter any of the
track info, add to iTunes playlists or sync my iPod.

However using Media Player you can alter any of these things very
easily.

Now I can sync ipod with media player I don't think I will go back to
using iTunes as it takes over far too much control of your music & what
you can do with it, which is ironic as all of Apples ad's make out how
they are designed for the fun things in life & freedom of use when they
are the exact opposite of rigid Windows!

--
Moko