Kyle;194437 Wrote:
> I want to hook up another Squeezebox to a boombox or powered speakers to
> use on my deck.  I've got an SB2 that currently works flawlessly on my
> network for streaming flac files.  I'd love another SB2, but there are
> none on ebay.  On either my front or back deck, I won't be much further
> from my router than the SB2 I'm using now.  The display is not a
> problem.  Will I be able to sync with an SB1, and will I be inviting
> network problems with its lower cache, non native support for flac and
> b rather than g capabilities?

FWIW I have an SB3 and SB1, both running wireless, both used with FLAC
(with SS set to transcode to WAV to the SB1). The SB1 runs fine alone
but when I try to synchronize the two they drift badly after a few
minutes. Sometimes both of them stop playing entirely. I have pretty
good signal quality to both boxes (>80%) so I suspect an 802.1B-related
bandwidth problem. I haven't wanted to sync them often enough to bother
debugging it.

--
joatca

SB3, B&W DM602 S3s, bi-amped from Cyrus III and Cyrus Power