The amplifier in your speakers is generating mechanical noise because
the transformer inside the amp is vibrating from the electricity and
the vibrations have not been properly dampened.  A line conditioner
won't help because it is coming from the amp, not the current.  That is
why you hear it at any volume setting.  It is more noticeable of course
when your room environment is quiet.  It is constantly there even when
music is playing so it is affecting the quality of the music too.
Audible mechanical noise is a general indication that the speaker is
not the best quality.

A good quality powered or active speaker won't have this noise.

I don't understand why I have seen several posts about these particular
speakers.  You won't find them at a musical instrument store that caters
to professional audio engineers.

There are plenty of very good quality powered or active speakers on the
market.  Go to a large musical equipment store, like Guitar Center, or
online at Musicians Friend, Zzounds, Sam Ash, American Musical Supply
and Sweetwater.  Search for powered or active speakers and reference
monitors or near field montors.  Smaller powered or active speakers are
in the category of reference monitors or near field monitors and they
are used by audio engineers to mix down sound tracks.  You can't get
better than that.  Larger powered or active speakers (10 inch woofer
and higher) are in the category of public address or PA speakers.

The speakers at the retailers I mentioned are not the powered
multimedia computer speakers you find at your big box outlets like Best
Buy.  I am talking about speakers used by audio professionals who demand
the best.

Engineers don't get caught up with hype.  They use their speakers to
make a living.  They want the best quality, and quality requires quiet
speakers.

--
mortslim