Pale Blue Ego wrote:
> My expectations are the same as those of the people complaining the
> loudest.  The difference is, I'm not having any of the problems they
> are.  I've been using slimserver for 5 years and "it just works".  I
> used to stay several months behind the current release, just to be safe
> - but the releases were coming much faster back then.  And generally I
> wouldn't upgrade unless there was some compelling new feature I wanted.
> For instance, since 6.5.1 is working great, I won't consider upgrading
> until 7.x, because the only thing missing now (for me) is support for
> embedded album art in FLAC.

Ditto. I find the number of "poor quality" threads that crop up here
quite baffling, actually -- it's always just worked for me, ever since I
first installed version 5.4.

If there was one critical error that Slim made, I think it was the
high-profile bundle they did with Infrant that gave people some false
expectations of the level of performance they could expect from running
the server on a NAS.

- Marc