1st post here but been successfully using SB2&3 / SS for nearly 2 years.
Here from despair at SlimServer crashing on 2 computers and inablility
to get it working after over 2 months of troubleshooting and working
with Slim Support group (email & telephone). Summary of failure
follows:
*No problem w/SlimServer until downloading ver.6.5.1 end of March.
*Shortly after downloading new version, unable to connect to SS (no
localhost 9000)
*Downloaded SS to another PC (laptop) & it failed in the same manner
(could not connect via localhost 9000)
*Searched these forums for localhost 9000 problems and tried fixes; no
luck.
*PCs use different virus protection & Windows firewall
*Tried with & w/o virus protection & firewall; no change
*Desktop has Windows Media Center; Lap Windows XP w/SP2 (all current
updates)
*De-installed & re-installed more times than I can count& gone back to
SS ver 3._ and none work.
*Networked w/Linksys router(wired) & broadband Internet (Comcast)

All that to say I'm out of ideas and on the verge of abandoning my
Squeezeboxes unless I can get help here. Any ideas or suggestions most
appreciated....Please!!

--
Shep