peterw;207760 Wrote:
> ...Slimserver 7.0 will allow us to connect to SqueezeNetwork through our
> local Slimservers, so that third party plugins like IR Blaster will work
> -- as well as also allowing "direct" connections to SN as in the current
> model.
>
> -Peter

Peter is correct, the current plan for SlimServer 7 would allow you to
connect to SqueezeNetwork via SS, rather than having to log off.  In
this setup, the IR plugin should be fine whether you're playing local
music served up via SS, or remote content accessed via SN.

The problem is for people who want to use SqueezeNetwork exclusively,
and leave their PC turned off.  In this case, SlimServer 7 won't help
them.  As stated earlier, this isn't a simple solution -- in fact, we
have this whole division called Harmony that exists because it is such
a non-trivial task to configure each user's unique set of IR codes.

I realize that you're asking for a smaller subset (just audio gear),
but it still isn't easy to do.

--
JimC