I have the same problem on one of my squeezeboxes.  I have three boxes
and with one of them, sometimes I go into the room and see that the
screen is totally blank.  I have to pull out the power cord and then
put it back in to get it to power on again.

I don't think I tried the power button.  I will try that.  I guess I
forgot about the power button on the remote.  But in any event I don't
understand why the screen goes completely blank.  This typically
happens a few days after I leave it on (but the speakers are off) and I
just see the screensaver.  In other words, even if the power button will
turn it back on, why does it lose its screen saver. The behavior is on
only one of my boxes.  The other two seem to stay on forever.

--
mortslim