mortslim;208483 Wrote:
> the second SB is newer and is the one with the higher number firmware.
> However I thought by pressing the brightness button on the remote a
> user can update the firmware.  Thus even if the suspect SB has a lower
> number firmware, I thought that by pressing the brightness button I
> could update the firmware to the latest version.

No, that's not how the feature works.

Pressing and holding the brightness will update to the firmware that is
relevant for the installed version of SlimServer. In your case that's
the .76 version.

If you update the firmware on the second player it *should* downgrade
to .76.

Install the current 6.5.3 nightly and update the first player's
firmware - that will go to version .81.

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com) |
'mira - Personal Control for your Apple Remote'
(http://twistedmelon.com)*