Only very recently, I'd been using SB1.  I loved it, of course, but my
wife was never all that enamoured because it was prine to drop-outs -
particularly when playing FLAC format.  When playing MP3s, the higher
the bitrate the higher the frequency of drop-outs.  My server isn't all
that powerful, but it *should* be powerful enough to cope with it (I'm
using a 1.4GHz CPU, with 512MB RAM, using ethernet connection - old
certainly, but should be enough to run SS).

Anyway - I recently bought an SB3 and I've got to say that it's an
amazing improvement over the SB1.  I've not yet noticed any drop-outs
-at all- in many hours of playback.  Where previously all I'd need to
do would be to make a couple of changes to the playlist through the web
interface to cause a drop-out, I've not encountered any of that yet.

As per a previous post a couple of weeks back, I'm still a bit put-off
by the Logitech logo (especially since I -love- the analogue VU meters
so a constanly looking at the SB) but the performance and reliability
is such an improvement that I'm learning to deal with my brand snobbery
;) :)

If anyone has an SB1 and gets an occassional drop-out that they find
irritating or off-putting, trust me: upgrade your SB - the difference
is quite astounding!  Even my wife is back on board again now :)

--
gutted

http://www.last.fm/user/gutt3d/

Slimserver 6.5.1 +MusicIP Mixer 1.7.1 +MoodLogic 2.7.1.18 +AlienBBC
1.02a +Slimscrobbler 0.37.5
Windows 2000 Professional sp4
Intel Celeron 1.4GHz
512MB RAM
Squeezebox 3 wireless (Player Firmware Version: 55)
Library of approx 7000 tracks (MP3 and FLAC)