I have a Logitech 555 and am very happy with it.  I have had it since
Christmas last year and the batteries are still going strong - I can
live with changing four AAA batteries every nine months or so, so
having a charging cradle isn't a big deal for me.  It would be nice to
have more 'soft' buttons, but I have programmed mine to give useful
functions to the 'hard' Menu, Exit, Guide and Info buttons that do the
job for me for just about everything I need to do.

I set it up using the website, and after a few goes got a set up that
worked for me - haven't had to go back to the website since, so again
that is not a problem.

Overall, highly recommended, and for my money the 555 seems to be at
the sweet spot of value for money vs features.

--
WhaleOil