The "BEST" way is to get covers manually.  It's not the fastest of
course.

If your music is properly tagged and album names are correct, iTunes is
an invaluable source for decent resolution images for a large collection
of music.  You can easily imbed the artwork into your tracks with a
simple script (it's been posted here before by myself and others).

I have never recommended the site I'm about to mention, but if you guys
find it useful, please consider donating to them.  The only reason i
have never mentioned it is because I have been selfish and didn't want
the resource slowed down. :)

http://rateyourmusic.com - awesome site.

Amazon is a last resort as they always have the worst images around and
often on white backgrounds or other formats unsuitable to use as cover
artwork. They also have likely a smaller collection of images than
iTunes believe it or not.  At least that was my experience with some
extensive searching.

http://allcdcovers.com has quite a bit of material as well, including
cover backs and sometimes liner notes.

There are other CD cover sites with images also provided by users -
just google for "cd covers"

Most third-party programs unfortunately use Amazon and are therefore
useless to me.

As mentioned, sometimes Discogs.com has something rare, but best to try
the other places first. I manage to complete most of my collection with
iTunes and RateYourMusic. Every now and then I just break down and scan
the cover myself - this is always my last resort as it's definitely more
involved than click-click-drag on a web page. :)  But of course produces
the best quality if you're willing to spend the time.

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com) |
'mira - Personal Control for your Apple Remote'
(http://twistedmelon.com)*