As much as I like the look of my audio components, I need to cover them
for day to day use with a closed cabinet.  As a result, I'm looking for
a remote solution that will handle my transporter as well as my other
components while the door is closed.  I want the remote device to be
able to display the album art and song details.

Harmony 1000/Jive look like they bring potential future capabilities to
the table, but I don't see that there is a clear roadmap anywhere to
what I'm looking for.  Anyone know what's going on?  I don't just want
a fancy front-end for slimserver since I'd like to control volume and
power for the entire system from the remote too, but transporter
control is the highest priority.

--
thomsens