You guys are all insane! I can't believe (well, I can.....) that the
bunch of gear-heads that hang around here, and the chief of them all
(Sean), also seem to be a bunch of dead linguists on the side. (if that
term makes any sense).
Anyway, Pat had the right answer - the price is what the market will
bear, especially for a niche item like the Transporter. Logitech just
seems to be applying a rather crude form of market survey.  They may
also be trying to push (encourage) the distributor model (vs direct) as
well, although I'm not sure how much sense that makes for the
Transporter......

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/