eeckhoj;221126 Wrote:
> Never used the winamp plugin, but sounds like it pretty much does what
> I'm looking for on my squeezebox : decent song mixes based on the
> volume level of a track outro.
>
> Basically, what I would like is to have the next song start (full
> volume, no fade in)

This is primarily what many of us are looking for, as well.  There are
currently three fader options which are for the most part (at least for
me) useless: Fade In, Fade Out, and Crossfade.

What is really needed is what SB does for Crossfade MINUS the Fade In.

I'm sure if the person responsible for the Firmware looked at it they
would find it relatively easy to accomplish.  The problem is that this
is one of the few places we cannot touch as the fade control has been
moved into the device's firmware.

I hope, at the very least, they will add this 4th option.  It is what
most people who are interested in Crossfade are really looking for...
the current song fades out for a few seconds as the next song starts at
full volume.  The current Crossfade does this EXCEPT it starts the new
song at zero volume and fades in.  Who wants that?

Slim Firmware Guru...
PLEASE add this fourth option!!!  PLEASE take a look... I'm sure you'll
see it's no big deal and it will make so many of us happy!

There are lots of other cool things that could be done with crossfade,
but they are significantly more challenging and probably too big to add
to the devices.  Hopefully they will follow at a later time or give us
more control outside of the SB.

Fingers crossed,
David

--
studley

The Guide is definitive. Reality is often inaccurate.

Save Internet Radio
http://www.savenetradio.org/

Know me... know my music...
http://www.last.fm/listen/user/dstudley/personal