Hi,
Kdf, don't you realise? It is remote! You can't use any scanner.exe on
the windows system since it is not there! One could actually run a
shell script on the linux machine:
#!/bin/bash
mainloop {
MUSICDIR=$1
SIZEOFMUSICDIR=`du -b`
while $SIZEOFMUSICDIR -eq `du -b $1`; do
sleep 300;
done
# Now we can call the scanner.pl! Don't know the code though.
}
mainloop
------------
The idea is to check the size of the folder periodically. When new
content gets uploaded the condition of the while statement is no longer
true since the saved value of the size of the folder is no longer
correct. A rescan is triggered. And the function is called again. Now I
have to admit that I do not script in bash regularly. So DON'T EXPECT
the code to work. But if you do some debugging the server would look
after himself and you would save a double click on a windump machine.
Linux can happily look after it's self. It doesn't need  Billyboy to be
save. ;) And it's as good as sex.

--
jaysung