sdevans;235721 Wrote:
> With regard to the large hard drive problem in old macs, does upgrading
> the os to Tiger for instance get round the G4 128GB limit, or do you
> still need to fix it otherwise...
>
> Thanks.

No, Tiger itself doesn't get past this limit.  However, there is
something called the SpeedTools ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver that does
(and doesn't require upgrading the IDE controller).  It costs $25.  I
use it on my Mac Cube with a 250GB IDE drive and it works fine. If I
remember correctly, it does force you to have two partitions -- so I
have one 20GB partition for the OS & apps, and the rest of the disk for
a data partition for my music files.

http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.shtml

muski

--