Mark Lanctot;243761 Wrote:
> But Sonos isn't styled much differently.  It's just a white box while
> the SB3 is black.  In fact I believe the box is larger and less
> discreet.
>
> I'm curious what you think of the SB2:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?HardwareComparison which was
> restyled into the SB3.  (Note most SB2s use the case pictured with the
> SB1 in that comparison).
>
> I do agree with you and I'm more or less lamenting the deplorable state
> of the market that places looks over all else.  It's like buying a car
> based on its cupholders, which sadly many stupid people do.  I'm a
> function-over-form person and it just goes against my philosophy.  I
> blame the iPod.
>
> As much as I hate the audiophile market, at least there, looks are
> secondary.

The SB2 looks awful. Absolutly awful! It has the looks of a extremly
cheap clockradio :-(
And with the SB3 it's totally opposite. In black very good - in
black/sliver best looking player on the market!

And it bothers me that they just needs to ad some colours and then
could charge 5 - 10 $ extra, that would be pure profit + gain a lot
more customers. IMHO it's very strange.

Your analogy to the car market is quite good. European cars makers were
very slow to install cupholders in the cars due to fact that no one in
Europe used to drink and drive. But Americans wanted cupholders so the
got them at last.

--
sd2100