This isn't specifically a Squeezebox question, but there are a lot of
people here who are very knowledgeable when it comes to 802.11, so I was
hoping to tap into the group mind here for some advice.

I recently moved my server and router to another room in my basement,
and my wireless reception went south in a bad way. In the new location,
it's currently sitting on the top shelf of a rack of wire shelves[0].

[0]
http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/ecommerce/product.jhtml?prodId=HpdProd190046&catId=HpdCat190080

Is it possible that the wire shelves are interfering with the 802.11
signal? All of the clients are either above the router or on the same
floor -- the wire shelving doesn't actually sit in the line of sight
from the router to any client. Could it still be the problem (and if so,
is it worth my time to try replacing the shelves with wood)?

Thanks for any tips,
- Marc