NauticusLX;245732 Wrote:
> This happened to me about 11 months ago and the thread was almost famous
> for a while.  The problem was never really resolved, and continues. 1st,
> if you have DSL web access, incoming phone calls will turn on the device
> if it's off, and vice versa, the same for outgoing phone calls.  Even if
> the brightness is turned off, even that will turn on for about 15
> seconds - this really spooked me the first time it happened. The
> filters on the phone lines don't help - I tried several brands.  2nd,
> make sure the volume of your stereo is turned all the way down so the
> music won't wake you.  3rd, this flaw makes the SB useless as an alarm
> clock, because of the false alarms.
>
> Lastly, you're incorrect when you say "no ports open to the outside
> world", since your constant on net access is open to the outside world.
I don't have DSL, I have a cable modem. I don't even have a land line.

Also I have my firewall configured very carefully and there are no open
inbound ports on my home connection open. This has happened over both
wired and wireless connections.

This problem is becoming increasingly frustrating, it happened again
twice last night and there hasn't been a single solution proposed. This
is the only piece of consumer electronics I've owned that has become
less stable since I bought it.

--
qirex